I sure as hell won't be buying any mom jeans:
But I am not obsessed with holding on to my child-free early twenties either. There is something to say for looking chic and put together while toting around a baby, and if I can choose looking fashionable over looking frumpy without sacrificing comfort, convenience or my savings, then I choose looking fashionable! Of course, "sacrificing my savings" is relative, depending on how much I need (item of the moment).
I had no idea what to really look for in a diaper bag, but I figured it should be waterproof/washable, roomy on the inside, and have a few compartments for various things and bottles. I LOVE big bags so I thought it would be fun to shop for. but really, a lot of them are U-G-L-Y.
Anyway, I was pretty excited to find this today.

Stella McCartney's spring 2008 line for LeSportSac is 75% off, so this otherwise ridiculously overpriced bag becomes somewhat more reasonable. I'm sure I could have found something a little more practical, but when you combine my usual impulsiveness with pregnancy hormones (the scapegoat for pretty much everything I do these days), this bag became a necessity.
* Name that movie!
5 comments:
That is a cute bag. My diaper bag has three sections - one for the spare clothes, one for the diapers/wipes/food/etc, and one for the "hot mama" where I stash my lip gloss and keys. Oh - and of course, the compartment for the thingie you fold out on diaper changing tables when you'reon the go so your kid doesn't have to roll around on the gross surface.
that IS a nice bag! i couldn't find a nice one so i'm using the free similac one my OB gave me... yay for hot moms :)
The movie is Mean Girls, I'm not embarrassed to admit that I kind of love it.
I don't think it's really that hard to be a "hot" mom over a frumpy mom - you're both putting clothes on in the morning and you can either put on jeans or some cute/fitted lounge pants or big, shapeless sweats. If your jeans fit, I don't think they're uncomfortable. Add a shirt that isn't a giant stained sweat shirt and you're well on your way! Besides, putting on cute clothes and make-up in the morning made me feel normal and put-together even when I was running on no sleep and about to have a nervous breakdown!
btw- i love the mom jeans SNL skit- too funny! I remember my mom wearing those!
I never got back to you about your qt about our cats. So far we have had no problems with our cats at all. They sometimes go up and sniff Jacob but basically they ignore him. One of our cats has been acting up a little (scratching our doors, etc) I think its because he doesnt get as much attention anymore. I mostly feel bad that I have no time for them but they are getting used to it and they are grateful for the pets they DO get. So, so far no problems with the cats. I hope you have the same easy experience with your cats :)
ll beat me to it - i love mean girls.
Post a Comment