This is my 29th week of pregnancy... Friday I'll pass the milestone of 30 weeks (I just made it a milestone to keep myself motivated...)
**Disclaimer - general pregnancy grossness to follow**
I'm finally starting to feel the stress of being pregnant (read: annoying symptoms that won't stop). For the first time in my life, I have heartburn. At least I think it's heartburn. I can't seem to pin it on eating anything in particular, I think my body just hates me right now. Good thing I love Tums anyway, and can justify eating them for calcium too!
I have to pee more often.
Last week, I had my first encounter with leaky boobs and was thoroughly disgusted. I guess now I understand why maternity stores sell sleep bras.
Lets see, what else? Sleeping is more and more uncomfortable every night. I hate sleeping on my side and having to launch myself to get out of bed. I seem to be less able to regulate my body temperature. My nose and mouth get super dry overnight.
This f&*%ing belly is really starting to cramp my style: bending over has finally gotten uncomfortable (i.e. I can't do it without looking obese and uncoordinated), the last of my non-maternity tops are rapidly starting to show skin underneath, and there is just no good position to read casebooks in anymore.
I think the worst development is the realization that it can only get worse for 2 and a half more months! Ugh, is it really that long until Uno gets here?
In other baby-related news, this Wednesday we visit the second hospital and will decide on where to deliver. The following Wednesday, the crib and dresser should be delivered, so we will have an actual nursery. (I've gone to planning heaven...) I have an appointment next Saturday with my regular OB and I am really really really hoping for an ultrasound or something to tell me that I'm not going to have a huuuuuuuuuge baby (and I want at least one more peek at his cute little face!)
I also have a bone to pick with her. After you all commented on my possible New York trip (thanks for the advice!), I heard from her. At first, the nurse just stated the general rule that air travel until 36 weeks is totally fine. When I said I just wanted to make sure since it's a 6 hour flight each way, she put me on hold. When she came back, she said "the doctor recommends you don't go." Something about being more likely to catch germs and get sick because of the time on the airplane. While that may be a valid point, it's not a good enough reason for me to not go in my opinion. I mean, I go to law school, which might as well be a petri dish of germs.
But, alas, I'm not so impetuous to actually do something that my doctor has said specifically not to do. So I'm going to ask again on Saturday, and plead and cry for her to give me her blessing to travel!
So, gone are the days where I blissfully lived my life ignoring the fact that I was pregnant (except for my daily internal debate about whether to have that glass of wine). The 30s are ushering in concerns about heartburn, leaky boobs, sleepless nights and people telling me not to do what I want to do.
4 comments:
I am so glad I only made it to week 35. Yeah, the NICU sucked and all, but I'm not sorry to miss out on the last 5 weeks of pregnancy.
I'd definitely question your OB as to why she thinks you shouldn't go. I'm not advocating you violate doctor's orders, but I think a lot of being pregnant is hearing all the warnings (I should say ALL the warnings, because my god there are a lot of them) and then deciding what risks you're willing to accept. Like you said, just leaving your front door and going to school incurs risk to you and Uno.
Good luck making it through these last few weeks!
Isn't it funny how the flip seems to switch like that? One day you're fine, the next day it's sooo uncomfortable again!! I remember saying over and over again to myself, "Pregnancy is a temporary condition." :)
And I agree with LL - I'd get some more details on WHY your OB doesn't want you to go... and see if you can talk her into giving you her blessing, if that's what you really want!
I'm sorry you're feeling uncomfortable! I know it's hard to do but enjoy the anticipation and excitment of the unknown in regards to meeting your little one and enjoy the life you have now. If I could, I would so go back and enjoy the time pre-baby more (I was too focused on being miserable).
All this discomfort has an end!!
Can I just say that you're really smart to look into multiple hospitals before making your decision? The place that I delivered was a hell-hole! I had to share my recovery room with somebody who belonged on the Springer show. There's no way in hell I'll deliver there again!
Post a Comment