Monday, November 12, 2012

Pregnant

Big news.  Baby #3 is on his or her way.  I'm due in May and we are excited (and simultaneously asking ourselves what have we done?).  We have told family but not yet the world. 
 
Can I just acknowledge that this pregnancy is kicking my ass?  My first was a walk in the park.  My second was incredibly easy but I felt it a bit more.  This time, I thought I might die.  Exhausted doesn't begin to cover it.  I felt like I had the flu for weeks on end.  I am starting to feel less nauseous and able to keep my eyes open after 8pm, so hopefully it will get easier.
 
Since we moved, I have a new OB and the new OB has super fancy, high tech ultrasound equipment.  I was asked last week whether I wanted to know the gender.  I paused for a moment at the irony because I would have killed for that opportunity so early on with each of my first two pregnancies.  This time, I said "No thank you.  We don't want to know" and the tech moved on to looking at the feet and arms.  I feel so fortunate to be carrying a healthy baby and I honestly will be equally happy with a boy or girl.  Besides the fact that knowing the gender won't make the slightest difference in how we prepare for this baby (because we won't really be preparing other than buying small diapers), I am excited to have PJO be the one to tell me boy or girl and to have that surprise to look forward to at delivery.
 
I'm pretty sure this will be our last so I'm trying to enjoy the pregnancy and the anticipation.  Relatively unsuccessfully so far.

12 comments:

Cecilia said...

Congratulations! Three is fun!

Dinei said...

Congrats!

CM said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you're coming out of the woods pregnancy-wise...

LL said...

Congrats!! I hope the second trimester is much kinder than the first- that was always the only trimester I didn't find myself thinking how much I hate being pregnant every hour (instead, it was more like once a day). Looking forward to reading about life with three!

Anonymous said...

OMG Congrats!!! I hope that it gets better for you - I'm sure it wil!!

Izzie said...

Congrats!!!

Queen of Hats said...

Congrats! Wow!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! Whew, I feel for you. Our babies are the same age, and boy is that age exhausting all on its own, let alone with the suckdom of pregnancy! Hope you get lots of naps!

Paragon2Pieces said...

congratulations!

Portia said...

Congratulations!! I am excited to read about it! And I hope you feel better soon! Pregnant-sick SUCKS.

Butterflyfish said...

CONGRATULATIONS (HOW DID I MISS THIS POST??

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congrats!